Saturday, February 23, 2013

Almost Surreal

It is almost...to be writing this post. I may just save it as a Draft for a few more days until I can wake up from this dreamland.

Who knew how quickly this would all happen after switching donors? Not me, I was prepared for 3 more tries and then we'd still be in limbo...

At the time of me writing this it has been four whole days since we saw the very first faint second line. We weren't expecting to see anything on that cheapy internet test. Then the next morning (10dpo mind you) we whipped out the fancy first response test...sure enough a more visible second line. We decided to go in for a blood draw to see just how far along I am. On Wednesday I called for results, HCG 22 Progesterone 34. I read somewhere on the trusty interwebs that 10dpo average HCG is 15...so we are on track there & the nurse said they like to see progesterone above 20...so perfect there :)

Of course we have kept testing to see if the line is getting darker, now at 14dpo the second line is almost as dark as the control.

I have been crampy and I feel like my boobs have started to explode. I had fairly good size neens to begin with, now they are just like boom...sports bras don't even hold 'em back. I am just now 4 weeks...uh oh! I have also had horrible congestion...like shove tissues up my nose all day just to catch the snots...that is slowly going away. I read somewhere that a cold is a good thing. It means my immune system was down, so that implantation could happen easier!! I will definitely take a cold if that means this bean is going to have an easier time making it's little home :)

I am so nervous about our second blood draw on Tuesday. I am excited, but I have lots of "what ifs." I guess that's normal? I keep telling myself everything is fine as long as I don't see red.

Also, I kept tracking my temps after our first BFP. It kept climbing to 98...then one day it dropped .7. I freaked out. Then Court was reading about it online and said I most likely slept with my mouth open all night (due to the stopped up noseypoo) & that could've cause the drop. I decided that was a good enough reason and resolved to temp one more morning to make sure it was just a fluke, sure enough the next day it was 98.1! Back on track and the thermometer has been put away!

We are cautiously excited. We told my aunt Carol, parents and siblings...I initially just wanted to tell my parents and Carol only, but then thought 'if something happens they will know, might as well tell them now...' We are keeping it pretty quiet from everyone else for a while longer. Of course, except for my trusty blogland friends, and the Rainbow Families group on Facebook :)

For now, I will take all the sticky baby vibes I can get!! Let's make sure this is a good home for the next 9 months :) We feel great about things so far, hopefully the numbers are just as great on Tuesday. Then the next week, then the next......

P.S. tell me it is totally normal to ALREADY want to wear yoga pants all day every day. I feel so bloated...and big...let me reiterate, 4 weeks. I have 36 to go! Shewww, I'm ready!!

16 comments:

  1. Aaagghhh! This is soooo awesome! I'm so stoked for you gals! Congrats :) sending super sticky vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!!!! Huge congrats - I know you girls have wanted this for so long! When is EDD? We are due Nov 4th - heehee we can compare all the issues along the way! Laura and Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It's weird, if we go by last period it is 11/2 but if we go buy conception date it's 11/4. So we are very close!! Yay :) that's awesome!!

      Delete
  3. Major sticky vibes!!! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What incredible news! You were right, the signs were all pointing towards this success. I couldn't be happier for you two! Enjoy every single moment of your excitement. You just started my day with a HUGE smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how many little things just matched up for us! This all feels just right :) thank you very very much!!

      Delete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS. Wishing you ladies all the best!! Sticky vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is definitely normal to want to wear yoga pants for the next months! I'm so excited for you! It's nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. I will be sending you lots of positive vibes and sticky baby dust from my now 1 year old miracle we never thought was possible. If we can do it, you can do it and we will send you our best baby wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are taking all the sticky baby vibes we can get!! So far so good, just can't wait for our next blood test & u/s!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete