Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2nd Blood Test

Well, not much to report except that we got our second blood results back...at 17 dpo HCG is 999 & progesterone is 42. HCG seems really high, both Court & I keep having crazy feelings that there is going to be more than one baby in there at our first ultrasound!!

We go back next Tuesday for what should be our last blood draw, then we make an appointment for the first u/s!!! Looks like we will see what's going on in there at about 6 or 7 weeks!

Right now we are trying not to obsess about whether its multiples or not & simply enjoy knowing that things look great & we are still moving forward :)

We took a trip to Buy Buy Baby just for fun & holy crap. Holy crap...so many things & I must have them all. Duh. But really, this is all still very surreal & hasn't even hit me yet!! I think I'm going to be one of those women who can see the words pregnant on home pregnancy tests day after day, & feel the cramps of my growing uterus...but it won't set in until we see the heartbeat on that TV-like screen. Then maybe I'll feel like this is real.

That's normal, right? It's ok to still be cautious & questioning now...yes?

Until next week...this 4 week 5 day pregnant lady is going to spend some time with my family :)

11 comments:

  1. Just started reading.... WOW that beta is super high.... I say it's twins :)! Congrats!!!

    <3 B & C
    http://ourjourneytobecomemommies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be ok with twins :) b/g twins would be the jackpot in my books!

      Delete
  2. I think it's totally normal to feel cautious.But that beta is beautiful! And buy buy baby is totally overwhelming! Something about seeing pacifiers from floor to ceiling is very very alarming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so crazy!! But everyone is so helpful & informative, so that takes some stress away :)

      Delete
  3. I am still just so very happy for you two! I love hearing about the trip to Buy Buy Baby. I can completely relate!!! Very recently, my wife went to Babies R Us to buy a humidifier and she came back with tiny pink Converse shoes. Those stores are TOTALLY overwhelming and excellent at convincing us all that we must buy it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very good thing they sent out coupons when they first opened the new store! So many things. I can't wait to start buying little by little :)

      Delete
  4. It's great that your numbers are increasing so well! Try not to go too crazy as you wait for your first ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been surprisingly calm & more or less relaxed these past few days, I guess I just have really good feelings about everything! I hope it keeps up :)

      Delete
  5. OMG!!! I literally screamed with joy when I read about y'alls BFP!!!!! I told Sarah and we are both SO excited for you two. By the way that HCG level is off the wall. Ours wasn't even like that so maybe there are two babies cooking in there!! Can't wait to hear!! Congrats mamas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!!! As soon as you updated, I told Courtney!! I was so worried for you guys...I am happy you are back at it :) I had a dream last night we saw two babies on the ultrasound. One of them had a slower heart rate, maybe it is a boy & girl!! How crazy!?

      Delete
  6. I think it's normal to think of multiples in there! We did! :) Also, it's normal to never be able to let it sink in. I carried our daughter for 10 months and she's almost a year old and I still can't believe we have a kid. It's still surreal to me. My partner literally shakes her head at me all the time when I say I can't believe we have a kid. I am still living in the fog of disbelief, even as she exercises her new screaming noises.

    ReplyDelete