Tuesday, March 4, 2014

ANNND I'm back :)

Hello all :) This is Jamie. I am back and hopefully I will be able to keep writing on a semi-regular basis.

I don't even know where to start really...

I birthed our daughter. (Sometimes it is still weird to me to say I have a daughter!) Like Courtney wrote, it did not go exactly how we planned...but it happened exactly how it was supposed to. I am definitely going to try to be more patient when it is my turn again. I have a feeling I can do the whole natural birth thing & with a less than 7 hour labor/delivery I will most likely go faster the second time around! I can't wait.

Breastfeeding. She started out a champ and remains a champ today...She knows exactly what to do...my nipples are the ones who needed to learn how to be chomped, chapped and sore before they figured everything out. We are in a very nice groove now, and have been for a couple months. I am so happy at 4 months we seem to have a healthy breastfeeding relationship. Little girl hasn't had an ounce of formula since birth, and we see no end in sight. People ask when I plan to wean...at this point, I am comfortable to continue until she wants to stop all by herself. (My thoughts might change).

Sophia is simply the best. She is so happy all the time...even when she is fussy from teething. That's right I said teething...She is just under 4 months old and I am sure she will be popping teeth through soon. Last night I felt so bad, she actually cried in the night (normally she just stirs and fusses a bit, I will feed her and she goes back to sleep). She really had tears last night...I don't know if she is in real pain or just mad about the discomfort. We can't see teeth yet, but her poor bottom gums are swollen, her cheeks are red and the drool. Oh the drool. She chews on anything she can get her hands on.

She turns 4 months this Friday. Her 4 month appointment is the following Monday, so I will be able to update with her new stats. As far as I know, she is a healthy little chunk-butt. She is petite, but she has a little belly on her :) I am proud of that!

I think that is enough for now. I am in love with my family. Things are looking up...and Spring is surely on the way!!

Coming soon, plans for our future...and future babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment